Monday, April 24, 2006

Summer is Here

I know that we are merely a month past the official start of Spring, but here in North Texas, we have already had the unofficial start of Summer. Last week, it topped 100 degrees. I wrote about the Texas heat HERE, but that was June. This is April for cryin' out loud.

Over the weekend, I put up our pool. It's one of those with an inflatable ring around the top that then rises as the pool fills with water. I believe it is supposed to fill to 3 feet, but because of a slight incline, it is only about 2 1/2 feet, which is perfect for my three older girls. The water was a bit cold, and after my girls' playing in it yesterday, a bit cloudy as well. I'm not sure why it's cloudy, but I'll wait before getting too antsy about it.

I also got my first sunburn of the year. It isn't bad, but my shoulders and upper back are a little red.

I enjoy having the pool because I love to jump in it after mowing the yard to help me cool down more quickly. We didn't put it up last year because we were thinking we might be selling our old house sooner than we did.

No comments: