Saturday, December 09, 2006

I'll Pass on the Nachos


My wife got Nacho Libre from Blockbuster, and we watched it last night. Actually, I watched it all. Jody gave out about halfway through. I'm not sure if that had more to do with the muscle relaxant she had taken or the overall stinkitude of the movie. I tend to like Jack Black, but this movie was plain boring.

I lost count of the number of different accents Black used. I can remember hearing more of a Spaniard tone early in the movie. At other times, he did get more of the Mexican accent right (I'm sure there are a variety of Mexican accents, but I'm familiar with a large number of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans, and the accent is fairly consistent). At one point, Black has an Italian accent. It was distracting.

If you want to see a good Jack Black movie, check out Orange County or School of Rock.

No comments: