Sunday, December 10, 2006

Cars

Nope, not about the Pixar film. A few years ago, I bought a 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue that had about 19,000 miles on it. After I drove it for 30,000 miles, the Check Engine light came on. I took it in and had the Secondary Air Intake Pump replaced. About 30,000 miles later, the Check Engine light came on again. Again, it was the Secondary Air Intake Pump (SAIP). That one lasted 2 days before going bad. SAIP #3 survived about 2 weeks before I had to take it in yet again. The Check Engine light came on the very next day after SAIP #4 was installed. Since I knew what the problem was, and knew it really didn't affect my car's performance, I ignored it until I had to get it fixed in order to pass the annual vehicle inspection. So, I took it to a different shop this time and had SAIP #5 installed. I got the car back Wednesday evening. Saturday night, after only 150 miles, the Check Engine light came back on. If it's the SAIP again (and I'm sure it is), I think it's time to get rid of this car. Other than this problem, the car has been pretty good for me. I've had a couple of tires blowout, and my Fuel Level Sensor went out this past year, but the only real issue has been the SAIP.

I wanted to drive this car until it just wouldn't go any more, but I can't put up with replacing the same part over and over and over again.

No comments: