Friday, June 24, 2005

A Pox Upon My House

Hannah is nearing the end of her bout with Chicken Pox, but on Monday, Lindsey (the 8 month old) broke out with them. This morning, Sarah (the soon to be 3 yr old) was sporting little red spots as well. Jody told Erin (the oldest), "You might as well just go lick her [Lindsey's] bottle and get it over with."

Last night was not fun. Lindsey woke me up around 3:00. I don't know what time she actually woke up because it takes alot to rouse me from my slumber. Her crying woke up Hannah and Sarah, so I helped try to calm Lindsey and get Hannah and Sarah back to bed. Finally, at 4:30, I went and got in bed with Sarah to get her calmed down.

I was very tempted to take a sick day today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weren't your kids vaccinated against varicella? (I don't think that they give it until 1 year, so I can understand the baby getting chicken pox).

Anonymous said...

I am sure it's miserable right now... "Laws, laws", 3 babies with Chicken Pox at one time... Wonder what it was like in the Morgans' house when CP hit!?!?! :) Keeping you, Jody and the girls in my prayers. It will pass... Just hope you both still have all your hair by then. :) If I can do anything for you guys, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Well, I just have to say it's a good thing all us Morgans are immune! None of us kids have ever had them. Mom tried her hardest for us to get them when we were little, but just gave up. It was pretty bad when some of them got lice though...

The Radical Texan said...

No, they weren't vaccinated. We have chosen not to get the vaccinations. Personally, I'd rather deal with the inconvenience of a few weeks of Chicken Pox than the vaccinations.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that one day of inconvenience because of the shot is not nearly as character-building as all of the itching, discomfort, and maybe even death from exposing young children to chicken pox.

The Radical Texan said...

Okay, at first, I thought you might have been a genuinely curious comment-maker. Now, I see you are a snide jerk. The risk of death from Chicken Pox is negligible. In fact, more children die each year from vaccinations than from the diseases they are designed to prevent.

We did not make the choice lightly, but after considerable study and examination. You do not have to choose the same path that we did, but don't get all high-and-mighty on me on my blog.

S.G. said...

Sorry this is off topic, Calvinator, but couldn't figure out how to e-mail you.

Thanks for indicating your desire to list my blog.

James Brown

rabbiphilosopher.blogspot.com