Sunday, February 13, 2005

Pain in the Rear

Getting our house ready to sell is becoming quite a chore. I spent all day yesterday installing new light fixtures in the dining and breakfast areas. I also replaced one ceiling fan that wasn't working and another that we want to take with us (it's a Winnie the Pooh™ one). The day's activities necessitated not one, but two trips to my favorite place in the world, Wal*Mart. First, I had to get some electrical tape because I refused to leave exposed wires even up in the junction boxes. Then, I had to go back to exchange one of the light fixtures because I hadn't noticed it had some broken glass when I got it late Friday night on my second trip there that day.

We are going to have to get a storage unit to hold some of the stuff that is cluttering up our house. The Realtor who will be listing our house listed that as the biggest thing we need to take care of—de-cluttering. I'm also gonna have to tear apart the wonderful L-shaped computer desk I built. We have been using our dining area as our computer station, and we need to turn it back into a dining area.

When taken with theatre rehearsals for Annie and my part-time teaching, there just doesn't seem to be enough time to get things done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Before we sold our house in late Spring, I had to re-sod the back yard (dang dogs), laid about 4 tons of river rock in landscaping, repainted a few rooms, hung a couple new doors, restained our deck, and restained all of the woodwork in our house. Kids and animals are hard on houses!

Now, I am helping a friend with his house. His realtor advised that another bedroom would help, so we are finishing his basement, including a full bathroom and bedroom. He has the skill, and I am dumb labor.