Friday, February 16, 2007

Life Preserver

"Drowning Man" from Charlie Peacock's album The Secret of Time played on my iPod today. If you are a Christian and can hear this song and not feel convicted for not sharing the Gospel as often as you should, I would suggest that you might need to do a little soul-searching.

Everytime I hear this lyric, I know that I make lame excuses for not sharing the Truth with everyone I meet.

You don't ask a drowning man
If he wants to be saved
When you know he's sinking down
Down beneath the crashing waves

Betrayal wears two faces
Both easy to explain
One is what you say and do
To bring another human pain
When you refuse to act
Though you know the good to do
When you refuse to speak what's right
You've worn the face of number two


©1990 EMI Blackwood Music Inc./Andi Beat Goes On Music/Sparrow Song (a div. of The Sparrow Corp.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly. The melody is also haunting, fitting with the words/message of the song. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about it.