Friday, November 17, 2006

Wally World and Jack Daniels

I was in southern Louisiana this week for the funeral of my Aunt Sue. Before I began my trip back yesterday, I headed to the Wal*Mart in Denham Springs, LA to pick up some Diet Dr Pepper, snacks and ice for the drive. When I got back to where the soft drinks were, I wasn't surpised to see beer & wine in the store, but I was somewhat shocked to see bottles of liquor right next to the Doritos™ display. Right there among the variety of goods available at just about any Wal*Mart store in America sat Jack Daniels, Absolut Vodka, Bacardi Rum, and most of the major name liquors. I had no idea that any state allowed liquor sales in regular stores.

The biggest issue I had with it was that it has been so long since I've bought any liquor that I had no idea if the prices were good enough to justify buying some.

No comments: