Monday, January 01, 2007

The Way the Basketball Bounces

So, Bob Knight has become the all-time leader for coaching wins in Men's College Basketball. I was listening to ESPN Radio today, and the host was asking if Knight has to be considered the greatest Men's College Basketball coach ever. That host, whose name escapes me, concluded that Knight has to be respected for the accomplishment, but that in the host's opinion, Dean Smith is still the best. I am a huge fan of the UNC Tar Heels, but even I can't elevate Smith to Number 1. Here's my Top 5:

5. Adolph Rupp
4. Bob Knight
3. Mike Krzyzewski
2. Dean Smith
1. John Wooden

As much as I depise the Duke Blue Devils, I have to give Coach K the respect he deserves as a great coach. I also believe that before he retires, he will hold the record that Knight just broke.

1 comment:

oso diablo said...

why would you despise Duke? It makes you look "intellectually inferior". :-)