Monday, June 12, 2006

Not a Bandwagon Fan

Before the Dallas-Miami NBA Finals Series, I heard some national media types picking the Heat and saying that they thought the Heat were simply the better team with better talent. I thought they were crazy then, and I believe my view has been vindicated after 2 games.

What's particularly amusing and annoying at the same time is that the same "experts" now downplay Avery Johnson's role in the Mavericks' success. If Miami was the better team in their view, how come Johnson doesn't get credit now for being the better coach. I like Pat Riley, and I was a huge fan of the Showtime Lakers in the 80's, but the Little General has shown that right now, he is the best coach in the NBA. He deserved his Coach of the Year award, and he has proved it beyond any doubt in the playoffs.

On paper, the Heat were better than Dallas at two positions, Center (Shaquille O'Neal) and 2 Guard (Dwyane Wade). Beyond that, the Mavs were and are better at every position, and Dallas' bench is far superior to Miami's.

It won't shock me if Miami wins 2 of 3 at home, but this series is

O-V-E-R!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some good predicting there, Sparky!


Or did you mean that the Finals were over for the mavs?

BWAH-HA-Ha-Ha!