Friday, October 14, 2005

Don't try this at home

As you all know, I'm engaged in a continuing effort to lose weight. This morning, when I stepped on the scale, it read 216.5. This was a loss of 5 pounds from yesterday. What precipitated this dramatic drop you ask? Well, it seems the Calvinator household acquired a stomach virus from somewhere. My wife called me yesterday morning to let me know that one of the girls had already gotten sick and that she, my wife, was feeling nauseated as well. Over the course of the day, all the girls got sick except for our one year old.

It appeared that I might avoid the wrath of this bug, but at 2:30 in the morning, I could be found on all fours on the bathroom floor. Thankfully, that was my only episode. Because I had not been sick for several hours, I decided to go to work today. Probably a mistake. I feel wiped out.

On a good note, the 216.5 pounds is the least I have weighed in the entire time my wife has known me.

No comments: