Sunday, September 25, 2005

Back on the Boards

Friday night was the opening of Rumors at Rockwall Community Playhouse. This is the first play I've done in three-and-a-half years. I have been in a number of shows during that time, but they were all musicals. It has been interesting being an "outsider" for a show. Almost all of my productions have been at the community theatre in my hometown. Rockwall is only a few miles away, but it's like a whole other world. Doing a show at a different theatre has its advantages and its disadvantages. I've learned some things about how they run their theatre; many of which would be beneficial for my normal troupe. The main disadvantage comes from not being one of the regular gang. This has been lessened by the fact that this is the first show at RCP for half the cast.

We run two more weekends. It's a good show. If you live in the area, please come check it out.

No comments: